The New Earth Pledge
I, ______________________________, to the best of my ability, pledge to honor God and all of Creation by:
1. Abstaining from eating animal flesh and secretions by eating a plant-based diet.
2. Refraining from wearing clothing (fur, leather, etc.) made from animals’ bodies.
3. Avoiding personal and household products that have been tested on animals.
4. Not supporting venues that harm animals for human amusement.
5. “Vegangelizing” - Encouraging others to avoid harmfully exploiting animals.
We all fall short of perfection (Romans 3:23). As Christians, we are called to do our best (2 Timothy 2:15). The Biblical ideal was the Garden of Eden, where God instructed Adam and
Eve to care for the animals. God said that Adam, Eve, and all animals were to eat only the plants (Genesis 1:29-30). Only after the Flood did God give permission to eat animals (Genesis
9:1-3). We believe this was a concession to human violence and was not meant to reflect a Biblical ideal.
The Bible prophesied that when Jesus returns there will be a New Earth in which humans and animals will live in harmony, as God originally intended (Isaiah 11:6–9, Isaiah 65:25,
Hosea 2:18, 2 Peter 3:13, Revelation 21:4). Jesus instructed his disciples to pray that God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). This verse is called the
“Lord’s Prayer,” and following “The New Earth Pledge” can help us live by both God’s original ideal in Eden as well as God’s future plans for all
eternity when Jesus returns. This will help all of creation to know God's righteousness and justice (Psalm 89:14).